You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

Connection string miss

after I put my database in Database folder and make attach to it , and success operation, I don't have connection string ,for put it in my Web page , How I can have connection string , please.
    What do you mean I don't have connection string ,for put it in my Web page.

Connection string usually in web.config file that you upload with other files.

You must just a little change connection string like
    "Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Persist Security Info=True;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourUserId_DatabaseName"

note that in this example not used UserID and Password(if used connection string
    will be different) and note that YourUserId it's your aspspider Login.
    DatabaseName it's name of database that you given when attached *.dbf file to aspspider.

Could you please provide further code samples? My line is like this and not working:
    dbconn=New OleDbConnection("Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Persist Security Info=True;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=id_dbname")

I'm an asp classic guy so please bear with me. thx

When I work with SQL Server then use the SQL Native Client i.e. classes SqlConnection(instead of OleDbConnection), SqlCommand (instead OleDbCommand), SqlDataReader instead OleDbDataReader), etc. because it runs faster than OleDb driver. If I use another DBMS that connect to it either through the native .net driver or via OleDb provider (if native .net driver is missing). OleDb provider should I use when there is no native driver for the DBMS.

• Sign In to post your comments