You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Testimonials

Connection string for sql server 2008 database..

Hello,
    I want to host a application for demo purpose in aspspider.com. My database files are SQL Server 2008 R2. I want to know the connection string in my code to interact with database. What should be the connection string?
    Hello login.
    Sample of ASPSPIDER connection string:

"Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Persist Security Info=True;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=YourUserId_DatabaseName"

here is password and user id not used.

YourUserId - it's your ASPSPIDER member login
    DatabaseName - name of database in database control panel.

Don't forget *.ldf file no need upload, if you upload *.ldf file with *.mdf and try attach you will see error.

hi

Can i use a password in my database?

I don't use a password when connecting to the database on aspspider.com. I think not, because the connection using the username and password is for SQL server and not to a specific database and therefore need to have access to the SQL server and not just to the database. To set a password and user name to connect to the database that can have either direct access to the local machine on which you installed SQL server or have remote access to the local machine with SQL server with sa rights of the user. Users hosting aspspider.com only have access to their own database (using the predefined connection string which I described above in post) but not to SQL server.

• Sign In to post your comments