You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

Error while connecting to sql database

When I try to connect to mssql database from my desktop application, it gives the error: "Cannot open database "crickyritesh_riteshcricscore" requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for user 'REETESH\Ritesh'.". What may be the reason behind it? Help me please.

My connection string is "Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Persist Security Info=True;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=myUserId_DatabaseName"
    What do you mean when you write:"When I try to connect to mssql database from my desktop application". Do you mean the database on your local machine or on the hosting aspspider.com?

Database is on the hosting aspspider.com but I am trying to connect it from my desktop application. It means I need a remote connection to the hosting server.

No at this moment you can only attach a ready-to-use database, and if you want to change it only on the local machine, after making the necessary changes again attach the database in the database Manager. At this moment the sql query editor on aspspider disabled for security purposes.But if you still want to connect to the SQL Server database on the website directly from a desktop application or SQL Server management Studio then use hosting www.somee.com. It's provides free asp.net hosting.

• Sign In to post your comments