You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Hi,

I'm testing this web hosting server for use in a team Senior Project for my bachelor's work. My test project uses a access database, but I get the following error when trying to access it:

Server Error in '/cisSeniorProject' Application.

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Source Error:

Line 23: OleDbConnection sqlConn = new OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" + "Data Source=" + database); //db connection
    Line 24:
    Line 25: sqlConn.Open(); //connect to db
    Line 26:
    Line 27: //sql select string

I had the same error when developing locally, it was caused by not having the access drivers installed. Is there something I need to change in my project setup to use my access database?

Thanks for all your support!
    What version of Microsoft office installed on your local machine? 12.0 - Microsoft Office 2007.

PROVIDER=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 - Microsoft Office 2007.

• Sign In to post your comments