Advertise with us
ASP.NET 4.5 & SQL 2012 Hosting
Security & Permissions
09 Oct, 2005
Find out the restrictions on members sites.
In order to continue to offer this free service to all members, AspSpider.NET team is enforcing the following hosting rules:
Type of web sites allowed
The primary purpose of this web site is to allow .NET programmers to learn and practice ASP.NET 2.0, get experience in hosting web sites etc. Since this is an educational server, we are not giving any promise on performance, uptime and life of the service.
You may host small, temporary web sites for the purpose of learning and practicing. You are allowed to deploy ASP.NET Starter Kits or other sample projects for learning purpose only.
All websites are allowed to be hosted for a period of 90 days. After 90 days, we will delete your site including all files. YOu are allowed to re create a website on a different domain. For example, if your site was hosted under the domain AspSpider.NET, you may re create the site under AspSpider.ORG
You are allowed to develop and host web sites with the primary purpose of educating others on .NET technologies. Examples are blogs, asp.net tutorials, sample code snippets etc.
If you are temporarily hosting a site for demo or project submission for your college, it is a good idea to have a clear title explaining the purpose of the site. Otherwise it is possible for the administrator to mis understand your site as a commercial site and may delete the account.
Type of web sites NOT allowed
1. Commercial web sites (Classifieds, auction sites, ecommerce sites etc)
2. Porn sites
3. Sites that host or link to movies, videos, music etc.
4. Personal sites that has large pictures or photos (larger than 2 MB total size).
6. Online gaming.
7. Audio, video streaming sites.
8. Hosting any kind of Chat Applications
9. Sites allowing download/upload of files by users other than site owner.
10. Webpages that continuously refresh itself.
Above mentioned web sites are strictly not allowed and will be deleted permantly without notice, as soon as we identify them.
Other Hosting Rules
1. Test your code before uploading. We don't care if you write bad code, but we care if you write code which will consume lot of server resources like CPU, memory etc. Make sure your code does not go into infinite loop or any long running queries.
2. Do not store anything other than simple
into session. Storing large objects into session variables will consume lot of memory.
3. You are not allowed to upload audio and video files. The file manager will not allow you to upload such files. If you create such files in your account by any other means, they will be deleted automatically within few minutes.
4. You may develop and host business web sites here, but we will not be responsible for any financial lose due to problems in the server. Also, we cannot be party of any legal issues arising related to your web site.
5. You should not host any sites that contain data, text, or images, or other material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar or otherwise objectionable.
6. Do not host a web site which allows downloading files. (downloading small files as part of the site functionality is OK, but the bandwidth usage of file downloading should be less than 10% of the total bandwidth usage of your site)
7. Web services which consumes more than 10% of the total bandwidth usage of the site are not allowed.
8. You should not have any web pages that automatically refresh itself.
9. You should not have any web pages that AUTOMATICALLY redirect to another site.
10. This is an educational server. You should not host any high traffic web sites here.
11. Check for your database access code. We use SQL profiler and if we find that any site is overloading the Database server with inefficient queries, we may block the site.
12. Your website will be deleted 90 days after the date you created the site. All files will be deleted with no backup.
Violation of any of the above rules may lead to immediate termination of your account. Your files will be permanently deleted without warning. you may not be given an opportunity to backup your files.
Future Plans of Free Hosting Service
We may introduce Ad Supported services in future so that we can find enough fund to keep this service running. We may convert existing members to Ad Supported without any prior notice.
All rules are subject to change with or without notice.
Average new registrations per day (in last 7 days):
Talk to Webmaster
SpiderWorks Technologies Pvt Ltd.
All Rights Reserved.